WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin developed to make the default blogging site, WordPress, suitable for online retailing. WooCommerce adds several features such as creating products (in addition to posts in WordPress), offering coupon discounts, and more.
However, the limitations in the number of features in WooCommerce made it insufficient to run a practical online store. Note that the WooCommerce plugin adds a store structure to WordPress that would enable you to build a fully functional online store on top of it. This process of adding on top can be seamlessly done by plugins. This is how plugins for WooCommerce came to prominence.
These additional tools enable you to add features that are not available in WooCommerce to the store thereby making it more efficient, user-friendly, and reliable. Currently, there are over 60,000 free plugins available for multiple purposes in WordPress. Additionally, there are several more paid plugins that are featured across hundreds of marketplaces on the internet.
This makes the process of hunting down a suitable solution for your business much more difficult. Here is a list of 8 different plugins that are designed to help you boost your store performance and therefore your sales. Take a look and see for yourself.
Table of Contents
WPML – WordPress Multilingual Plugin
One of the biggest constraints in expanding your store to a different location or country is the language and currency differences. This is why international stores make use of multiple plugins to add multiple currencies and support different languages.
WPML is a WooCommerce multilingual and multicurrency plugin that enables you to add support for different languages and currencies. The plugin is everything you need to start selling internationally. The plugin can be used on sites of all sizes without much work input from the teams.
The free version of WPML supports using multiple currencies for purchasing products on your store. It adds currency switchers, formats currencies, connects with automatic exchange rate services, and more. With the WPML premium, you will be able to translate your entire store including multiple types of products, URLs, product reviews, and more across all endpoints.
- Display multiple currencies based on the user’s location
- Enables you to set exchange rates or connect with automatic exchange rate services
- Change the prices and shipping rates based on the secondary currency
- Translate different kinds of products
- Translate product categories, attributes, and reviews
- Makes use of Google Translate, DeepL, and Microsoft to translate content
- Keeps the same language throughout the shopping process
- Display currency based on store language
- Multiple payment methods for different currencies
WPML is available in two versions – free and premium. The premium version of WPML is available for $39 per annum.
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce
Coupons are an essential part of your retail business. Coupons attract customers and encourage sales. With coupons, you can offer product price discounts, offer cart abandonment recovery solutions, and even offer store credits. Due to this versatility of coupons, almost all WooCommerce stores make use of WooCommerce coupons.
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce is a WooCommerce BOGO coupon plugin that enables you to add advanced coupon functionalities to your store. Even though WooCommerce enables you to create coupons without any external plugins, the coupon functionalities available in the plugin are severely limited. Such a situation demands a sophisticated solution like WooCommerce Smart Coupons.
The free version of the plugin adds several features to WooCommerce such as scheduling the start and expiry of coupons, creating basic BOGO coupons, setting up product giveaways, and more. The advanced version of the plugin offers several more features including advanced BOGO settings, discount limit, cart abandonment recovery coupons, setting up gift cards, and more.
- Create BOGO coupons
- Schedule coupons
- Set coupon discount limit
- Restrict coupons based on location and user roles
- Restrict coupons based on the shipping method
- Create cart abandonment recovery coupons
- Set up store credits and gift cards
- Create coupon expiry countdown banners
- Display coupons on the My account, Cart, and Checkout pages
Smart Coupons for WooCommerce are available in two versions – basic and pro. The basic plugin is free to use and is available for download in the WordPress plugin directory. The premium version’s pricing starts from $60 per annum.
Display Discounts for WooCommerce
The coupons that you create using WooCommerce or a coupon plugin like Smart Coupons for WooCommerce need to be marketed better to persuade customers to check that out. This is because the visibility of such coupons is limited – that is, they can only be added to specific locations in your store.
WooCommerce Display Discounts is a coupon showcasing plugin that enables you to add coupons to the Product pages of your store. This way, any customer browsing through your product pages can immediately see the available offers. It can help you even convert window shoppers to paying customers.
The plugin offers several coupon display customizations that would help you fully control how and what the customers can see. For example, the plugin enables you to block guest users from seeing the available coupons. You may also restrict the number of coupons to be displayed, show coupons without restrictions, and more.
- List discounts on individual WooCommerce product pages
- Multiple coupon display templates
- Restrict guest users from viewing the coupons
- Hide non-restrictive coupons
- Add coupon restriction data to the coupon template
- Add countdown timers to coupons with an expiration date
- Limit the number of coupons to be displayed
- Position the coupon display widget at any convenient location
- Enable displaying coupon code
- Enable click to copy for coupon code
- Add a hyperlink to the page where all the eligible products for a coupon are displayed
- Customize the section title and description
Display Discounts for the WooCommerce plugin are available from $49 per year.
FOMO & Social Proof Notifications by TrustPulse
Users, especially the ones without a specific purchase intent often do not convert. They would need a solid push to make a purchase decision. FOMO & Social Proof Notifications do just that.
This conversion booster plugin can be used to boost sales, increase signups, get more email subscribers, and more. The key focus of the plugin is to generate FOMO (fear of missing out) in your customers. The plugin makes use of a social proof notification builder that generates pop-ups. These pop-ups are used to build FOMO.
The plugin enables you to integrate WooCommerce with the TrustPulse app. This app would then handle the FOMO and social proof. TrustPulse can run two FOMO campaigns – recent activity and on-fire. The first campaign showcases the recent activities on your sites such as purchases, memberships, etc. The second campaign shows the number of people taking action on your site.
- Add real-time event tracking data to FOMO notifications
- Live stream actions on the website such as WooCommerce sales, membership site signups, etc.
- “On Fire” social proof notifications
- Display notifications to the right people at the right time
- Advanced targeting rules and timing controls
- Fully customizable FOMO notifications design
- Measure views and conversions with FOMO analytics
- No code FOMO setup
The plugin is available free of charge. The TrustPulse account is charged $9 per month.
Bestsellers for WooCommerce
Bestsellers are the top-performing products of a site. People usually trust bestsellers and purchase them without much deliberation. This makes showcasing the bestsellers a great idea to improve sales.
WooCommerce bestseller plugin from WebToffee is a product showcasing plugin that enables you to highlight the top-performing products on your store. The plugin adds ranks to products based on their sales performance. It also adds bestseller labels to the product thumbnails and bestseller seals to a bestselling product page. You can also enable a bestseller slider on the shop page, category pages, or individual product pages.
The plugin records three basic data, the performance of a bestselling product with respect to all other products in the store, with respect to other products in the same parent category, and with respect to the child category in which the bestselling product is a member. You may also control the label and seal settings using the plugin.
- Create a best-seller page for displaying top-selling products
- Label the top-selling product thumbnails
- Rank products based on sales
- Add a bestseller seal to make identifying bestselling products easy
- Supports simple and variable products
- Create best-seller sliders
- Customize slider view for WooCommerce bestsellers
- Set product limit for bestsellers sliders
Bestsellers for WooCommerce are priced from $49 per year.
MyRewards – Loyalty Points and Rewards for WooCommerce
You can increase sales by offering rewards and loyalty programs to your customers. With an efficient loyalty program, you will be able to improve sales, conversion rates, and customer satisfaction.
The MyRewards plugin enables you to give points to customers based on the money spent on the site. You may also offer points on special occasions such as during the first purchase. The plugin offers multiple language translations and is compatible with WPML.
You may also use the plugin to show the point balance to your customers. The plugin also enables you to view and manage the customer point history and enables you to manually add or deduct points.
- Reward points to customers spending money
- Reward points to customers placing orders
- Offer points for the first order
- Give points when customers leave a product review
- Offer points for past orders
- Generate WooCommerce coupons
- Let the customers use the earned points as discounts
- Send customizable emails to users upon unlocking a new reward
MyRewards is available in free and premium versions. The premium version is charged from 9.90€ per month.
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
Wishlists are dedicated pages on your site where your customers can save the products that they want to buy in the near future. Wishlists can be private or public. The public wishlists enable you to share them with your friends and family so that they would know what to gift you.
The YITH WooCommerce Wishlist is a wishlist plugin for WooCommerce. It enables you to add a wishlist page to your site. The plugin enables you to fully control the look and feel of the wishlist plugin.
You will be able to control who can use the wishlist, what to add to the wishlist table, and if users can share their wishlist or more with the plugin. You may also control the ‘Add to wishlist’ and ‘Remove from wishlist’ buttons, creating multiple wishlists and more.
- Add a separate wishlist page
- Customize wishlist page columns
- Showcase product variations in the wishlist column
- Enable admins to view the wishlists created by logged-in users
- View the list of popular products in the wishlist
- Add an ‘Ask for estimate’ button on the wishlist for customers to request a quote
- Allow users to search for registered wishlists
YITH WooCommerce Wishlist has both free and premium versions. The premium version is priced at $109.99 per year.
Real-time communication is a must for several customers. The resolution of queries in a timely manner would improve the quality of your store and the loyalty of your customers.
With the LiveChat plugin, you will be able to connect with your customers and address their issues as soon as possible. Along with chatting the plugin also helps you send out personalized messages based on set criteria.
You may also use the chat widget as a contact form for offline messaging. This widget will also help you add users to your mailing list. The plugin also offers several personalization features.
- Targeted messaging
- Customize colors and messages
- Set up different themes for the mobile experience
- Set up quick replies to answer repetitive questions
- Create chat tags
LiveChat is available in both free and paid versions. The paid version is priced at $20 per month per agent (billed annually).
Plugins for WooCommerce themselves are one of the major reasons for the popularity of WooCommerce. These tools will add the most anticipated features to your site even when the base platform doesn’t offer that.
Hope the plugins listed here were of help. Do let us know if you want to add plugins for other niches to this.